Sunday 27 December 2015

Teriyaki Chicken


Christmas just over and is time to welcome the new year in another four days.  This will be my last post for 2015.  Today I wish to share with you all a popular Japanese recipe - Teriyaki Chicken.  I guess Teriyaki Chicken is one the regular order when we went to a Japanese restaurant.  I am one of them and I wish to try it out on my own today.  

As my kitchen is not ready either with sake or mirin, I had substituted it with rice wine, vinegar and ginger wine.  The outcome does not disappoint me though.  I also had added in some spiciness touch in the sauce by using some chili flakes.  So, this is my version of Teriyaki Chicken, is so easy to prepare and you do not need to order a takeaway.  This is also a good idea for your guests at home during this festive season.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and a bless 2016.

Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs.  Remove of fats.
1 tbsp cooking oil

The marinate sauce:
4 tbsp soy sauce (you may mix with a little of dark soy sauce to make the color more stand out)
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp ginger wine
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp chili flakes (you may reduce to 1/2 tbsp or even can omit it if you doesn't like spicy)

Garnishing:
2 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
Some spring onions


Instructions

1.  Combine all marinate ingredients in a bowl, mix well until brown sugar are dissolved.
2.  Pour the marinate sauce in a zip lock bag, add in the chicken meat. Mix until well combined.  Seal the bag and place it in the refrigerator for an hour.
3.  Remove chicken meat from the zip lock bag.
4.  Heat-up a skillet or a pan with oil and pan fry the chicken meat in medium heat.  Cook until a little crispy on both sides.
5.  Add in the marinade sauce and let it cook for another until the sauce is thicken.
6.  Off heat, remove chicken meat.  Slice the meat and pour some Teriyaki sauce on top.
7.  Sprinkles some sesame seeds and chopped spring onions on top and serve immediately.















2 comments:

  1. The picture really makes me hungry! Help me I'm drooling. haha!



    Digium Switchvox Phone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Curtis. Hope could continue to make you drool! :D

    ReplyDelete