Saturday 26 May 2012

The Simple Fried Pasta



Although boiling may be the most common way to prepare pasta, like most of the western style of pasta that most of it used tomato puree or creamy type.  As for me, I would make fried pasta now and then for a change, to add in some Asian flair to salads and main dish meals, how about that?  For me, if I want a quick, simple meal, it’s just like making fried rice, which Chinese make most of the time.  I have seen fried spicy “sambal” (a Malay signature spicy sauce) spaghetti when I do some research on fried pasta but I feel it will loose the origin of pasta.  So, I have decided to try this – the combination of western with east flair fried pasta.  I am not talking about deep fried pasta here, is just an ordinary stir-frying done in a pan or a wok. I have chosen spirals, it could be the multi-color of these pasta has actually attracted me. It turns out interesting especially when I have mixed it with some colorful bell peppers.  As for the seasoning, I am still keeping the western taste. I used Italian herbs, Oregano and ground black pepper and even some parmesan cheese, no meats but I add in some sausages …....you won’t believe it, it’s tasted great and you must try it and am sure your children will like it too!

The Simple Fried Pasta
Ingredients:
200 gm of spirals pasta
1 capsicum (any color), cut into cubes
2 pcs of plain sausage, sliced
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp of Italian herbs
2 tsb of oregano
2 tsb of ground black pepper
2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
Salt to taste

Directions:
  • Boil pasta in a pot of water that added with oil and pinch of salt for taste.  Drain it.
  • Heat oil in pan or wok over medium heat
  • Add in garlic and onions for a minute
  • Add in capsicum and sliced sausage
  • Stir it until its half cook
  • Add in pasta and toss it
  • Add in Italian herbs, oregano, ground black pepper and a pinch of salt for taste and continue to toss.
  • Lastly, add in parmesan cheese and stir for another few minutes.
  • Remove from pan or wok and serve it warm.

Capsicum cuts in cube
Sliced sausage
Boiled Pasta
Fried pasta ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment